WP01 - Project Management: Coordination and communication office (Kopie 1)
The objectives of this Workpackage are to...
- Ensure the proper scientific management of the project in order to strengthen and support the Participants to achieve the objectives, complete the milestones in time and deliver the deliverables.
- Make sure that the consortium’s contractual duties are carried out. Advise and guide the Participants to comply with the EU regulations and their contractual and legal requirements. Abide by the "good practice" of resources management as presented in the Financial Guidelines.
- Set-up an effective communication infrastructure and foster the integrative process in the consortium
- Manage the processes for the capture and the protection of intellectual property, including confidential information and patents properly
- Ensure that knowledge and results produced within the project is disseminated to the relevant target groups through publications and training
- Prepare and publish a competitive call for new research projects to be incorporated into the network
The management WP is led by GABO:mi, a German SME with longstanding, hands-on expertise in the management of EU Framework projects together with the coordinator Prof. Peter M. Schneider (UHC). Scientific coordination and management of the scientific activities and their progress is in the experienced hands of the Coordinator and the Work Package leaders.
Prof. Schneider has been coordinator of the "SNPforID" collaborative research project between 2003 and 2006 (funded by the FP5 "Competitive and Sustainable Growth" programme, contract G6RD-CT-2002-00844). Some of the WP leaders have been active in other large-scale EU projects in this or previous framework programmes and are thus well familiar with the requirements for the scientific management of EUROFORGEN-NoE.
Acting as the right hand of the Coordinator and as a permanent help-desk for all project participants, GABO:mi takes on full responsibility for project management and controlling, contractual management, communication management and resources management. Hence, all issues relating to project administration will be handled professionally by GABO:mi. WP Leaders will form the Steering Committee together with the Coordinator. All other partners will be actively involved in this WP when it comes to reporting.
Task 1: Scientific project coordination and management
Task 2: Project management and Controlling
Task 3: Contractual management
Task 4: Communication management
Task 5: Resources management
Task 6: Management of Dissemination of Results
Competitive calls for research:
In keeping with the guiding idea of EUROFORGEN-NoE – to support inter-disciplinary and integrative research – the second phase of WP3 on Exemplar Projects (EPs) aims at working towards integration of European forensic genetic researchers into the network. And to promote scientific quality as well as interdisciplinary collaboration also bearing in mind the main objective of addressing specific research problems and challenges.
European forensic research groups will be invited to respond to competitive calls for innovative research proposals to provide funding for a total of three selected projects on at least two different areas of forensic genetic analysis. The two areas will be identified through the activities of the exemplar projects in WP3 and the feedback from the network activities coordinated in WP2 as well as by guidance of the advisory board.
Task 7: Competitive call for research proposals